Whether you are a gym enthusiast that needs to speed up muscle recovery after a strenuous workout, an athlete that has to improve blood circulation, a patient recovering from a surgery or relief from muscular sprains and tension – a body massage device is always going to come in handy.
One such famous massage tool that is becoming famous is the massage gun which provides percussion therapy to your muscles. This type of massage can help your muscles with myofascial release, post-workout muscle recovery and rehabilitation from an injury. There are a variety of percussion massage guns available with many different features. But nearly all can be judged on common factors such as percussion speed, noise and ease of use. Let us look at percussion guns that are considered to be the best these days.
Vybe Pro Percussion Massage Gun
The Vybe Pro percussion Massage gun by Exerscribe is a high quality massager which can be used by athletes as well as massage therapists. It has the perfect design which makes it easy to handle. The gun comes with eight different attachments for targeting specific muscles. It has nine different speed variations which you can select according to your comfort; the maximum speed is 3400 strokes per minute. It has a battery life of three hours which means that you can conveniently complete a full body massage session.
- You can select from nine different speeds according to your comfort.
- It comes with eight different attachments for specific muscles. These include three metal heads and five silicone heads.
- The Vybe pro delivers a percussion force of 33lbs, enough for providing you the perfect deep tissue massage your body needs.
- A free carrying case allows you to store and carry the massage gun anywhere you want.
- Reasonably priced at $179 .Further discount is available if you purchase through Amazon.
- The max speed of 3400 strokes per minute may not be tolerable for everyone but you can always settle for a lower speed that suits you.
- Because of its powerful motor, the pro massage gun may be a little noisier.
Theragun is considered a pioneer in percussion massage guns and this is the latest addition by them which delivers a percussion force of 60 lbs. It is a powerful device with an amplitude of 16 mm. You can select from five different speeds ranging from 1750-2400 percussions per minute. It can be synced to your cellphone via Bluetooth and it can also be integrated with Google Fit and Apple health.
- You can select from five different speeds depending upon what you prefer.
- It comes with two lithium batteries, with a battery time of 150 minutes each, that is, a total of 300 Minutes.
- It has quiet force technology which is theragun’s own patented technology and keeps the motor noise very low.
- It has four different arm positions so that you can conveniently reach your body parts.
- It can be integrated with the therabody app and you can use Google Fit & Apple Health.
- Six easy to clean attachments are provided with the Theragun Pro.
- The Theragun Pro has a price tag of $449, making it the most expensive Theragun massager.
- The angle of the massage attachments cannot be adjusted.
- Expensive accessories such as wireless charger, etc.
This massage gun by Hyperice can deliver a maximum of 3200 strokes in a minute. It is considered to be a high quality percussion massage device with variable speed and pressure. The brand has a good repute; Hypervolt is one of the preferred choices of sports therapists. Among the advantages of Hypervolt is that it is cordless and has a battery time of 300 hours.
- The percussion gun by Hypervolt is the preferred choice of sports therapists.
- The massage gun offers three variable speeds with a maximum speed of 3200 strokes per minute.
- Variable pressure settings allow you to select the one that suits you best.
- One of the prominent features of Hypervolt is that it has a battery time of 300 minutes.
- Four interchangeable attachments are provided with the massager for different muscles.
- The Hypervolt massage gun is cordless, making it even more convenient to use.
- The Price of $300 is quite high when compared to other brands with the same features.
- It does not have an adjustable arm, making it difficult to be used at different angles.
Tim Tam Power Massager Pro
The Tim Tam Power Massager Pro may be one of the most expensive massage guns in the market but it is extremely useful for sports rehabilitation and self-treatment. It has a unique design with a head that rotates nearly 180 degrees, allowing the user to reach the most difficult spots on the body.
- The power massager has a heated tip which automatically reaches the optimum temperature and provides deep tissue massage.
- The Tim Tam Power Massager Pro gives you the option of selecting from three different speeds ranging from 1000 to 2800 strokes per minute.
- The pro massager is much quieter than others; a brushless motor allows a quieter operation even in public places.
- It is equipped with an articulating arm that can rotate upto 175 degrees making it easier for you to reach all parts of your body.
- 5 pre-programmed settings including warm up,recovery with neck and lumbar
- Very low battery time of just one hour.
- This pro massager comes at a high price of $400
Sportneer Percussive Massage Gun
The Sportneer massage gun has six variable speed options, ranging from 1200 to 3200 RPM. It comes with six different massage attachments for different muscles. It has a powerful battery that can work from 1.5 to 5.5 hours.
- Five variable speed options for different therapeutic purposes to relieve you from muscle soreness, muscle tension and speed up muscle recovery.
- Considered to be one of the least noisy massage guns at just 35-55 decibels.
- Six massage heads that can treat different muscles in your body.
- The battery time is superb; it can provide a service of up to six hours and has an auto-off feature as well.
- Very affordable price at just $129.
- It is compact and lightweight; you can travel with it easily and use it anywhere.
- Some customers have complained regarding the durability of this gun.